Sunday, June 14, 2009

Tagged for a memememe

Thanks to SweetP for drawing my attention to this meme, I've been really slack about reading the blogs I follow lately - need to get back into doing it. Meme's are great for that - both for writing and reading blogs.

What is your current obsession?
I guess I'm between obsessions at the moment, which is probably why I feel so restless. Once I get some more money though I'll put my World of Warcraft account into credit and probably start playing again - I've been on a self-imposed ban due to needing time to focus on my study... but that's finished as of this past Thursday, so I am a free woman.

What is your weirdest obsession?
Some people think knitting / yarn is weird. Other people used to think my compulsive buying of books is weird. (I don't do it anymore.... I switched to yarn but also to a single income and now don't 'compulsively' buy anything). Other people think my babies wearing cloth nappies is weird. Really, it comes down to a question of a definiton of weird.

Or, I could be simple and say - banana splits.

What are you wearing today?
Pajamas at the moment. Though to my credit, it's midnight here.

What's for dinner?
What WAS for dinner was KFC because I am lazy and a fat girl at heart. Dinner tomorrow (today?) will be pork mince with lentils and couscous though. Assuming the vile weevils that have made our pantry their home haven't bedded down in the couscous that is.

What would you eat for your last meal?
Mexican. Nearly anything mexican.

What's the last thing you bought?
Technically, KFC dinner. If we're not counting food.... then a couple (small!) pieces of Tupperware.

Do you have a nickname and/or handle, and if so, how did you get it?
I go by 'Wonder' and versions thereof after a Natalie Merchant song. Wasn't intended to be a long-term nickname, but it's stuck.

What are you listening to right now?
The background noise is DH's computer - I think he's watching an episode of something or other on there. Nothing in my immediate surrounds though.

If you could go anywhere in the world for the next hour, where would you go?
My 'home', in California.

Which language do you want to learn?
New Zealand Sign Language.

What do you love most about where you currently live?
The house - That we own (well, with a mortage). So at least I don't have to panic over yet another spill on the carpet, it's our own responsibility...
The neighbourhood - That conviences such as bus route and dairy are within easy walking distance.
The city - That virtually everything is here, in one form or another.
The country - The scenery. The people. The mindset. The freedom.

What is your favorite piece of clothing in your own wardrobe?
Probably my velvet tie-die elastic waist skirt, which has fit me in all my fluxuations of weight, and is now around 9 years old. Needs a little mending, but not bad for a 9 year old skirt.

Where do you see yourself in ten years?
Hopefully homeschooling my kids, in a different (slightly bigger) house that we own, and otherwise doing much the same as it is now.

Describe your personal style?
Funky, fashion victim. Possibly towards the hippy-ish.

If you had £100 now, what would you spend it on?
Top up my WoW account, and buy a decent winter coat.

What are you going to do after this?
Go to bed. Or just possibly, read.

What are your favourite films?
Shrek, The Truth About Cats and Dogs, 10 Things I Hate About You

What inspires you?
People, mostly. People that are real and down to earth and still seem to be doing much better than I can manage. People like Kelly, Mama-to-Many, Sarah Bean, and many other "everyday" people that make life a value-add enterprise.

Your favourite books?
All of the Diana Gabaldon books, Time Traveller's Wife, and a good amount of 'trashy' escapism reading at it's best - mostly stand-alone romance novels or soft crime.

Do you collect anything?
Does yarn count?

What makes you follow a blog?
People that inspire me, as above. People that make me want to be a better person. People with a great voice. People that talk about what I'm interested in, of course - mostly knitting, pets, reading, and life in general. And frequent posting doesn't hurt. (Yeah, I should follow my own advice here...)

What was the most enjoyable thing you did today?
I designed and sewed a bag to hold the bathroom reading material, in the hopes of stopping K1 from biffing all our books / magazines / newspapers into the toilet. Not to mention keeping things cleaner and neater. Was sewed entirely from stash, in an afternoon, and matches the toilet decor (what there is of it) too.

Bathroom Magazine Bag


The rules:1. Respond and rework; answer the questions on your blog, replace one question that you dislike with a question of your invention, add one more question of your own.2. Tag eight other people.

Tagged:
Caity
Cheri
Sarah
Wendy

and anyone else that should feel so inclined... ;-)

No comments: