Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Projects

I have more ideas (and at the moment, more wool) than I have time for - and accumulating more by the minute, it seems!

Currently on the needles, I have only one thing going - my moss stitch baby blanket from the Debbie Bliss Baby Knits book.
BlanketWIP02 I've been working on it, off and on, for nearly two months. During which time I gave birth to my baby (whom its for). And while it's an enjoyable knit - particularly because I'm a Norweigan purler, so I don't need to move my yarn constantly for the moss stitch - it's long. And unchanging. Intarsia is also new to me but I'm managing all right - except for the time I wrapped the yarn around the work instead of around the other yarn, and had to unravel two full rows, at 133 stitches each. Ouch.

But while working on that, I've started to work on other projects. I've completed two beanies - a baby one for my daughter, and an adult sized one for my sister in law. And I'm finding more and more projects, and the wool to complete them with, all the time.

Currently, I have lined up:
  • Moss Stitch Baby Blanket for my daughter (in progress, above)
  • Moss Stitch Baby Blanket for a friend of mine
  • Flirty Skirty diaper cover for my daughter
  • Flirty Skirty diaper cover a Secret Santa gift to my Santee on The Nappy Network
  • Longies for my daughter
  • Wavy scarf for my midwife
  • Punk-knitters soaker (diaper cover) for my daughter
  • Afghan for my mother (making it up as I go along)
And that's just the stuff I already have the yarn for.

Today my last (I promise!) addition to my stash arrived - Utiku Varigated yarn from The Wool Company. It's gorgeous. I love it. 100% pure NZ merino wool. Utiku Varigated Yarn The scarf for my midwife will be in the Chocolate Swirl colour - on the left. And I'm really really itching to start it. And may just give in..... !
Other colours are Mixed Berry (for diaper covers) and Gems (for longies and diaper covers and possibly a pullover sweater for my daughter, if I have enough.)

Now, if only I had more time!

2 comments:

Princess LadyBug said...

I didn't understand half of what you said, but you said it well. :P

BTW, the yarn is gorgeous! Wish I wasn't allergic.

Nova said...

ooo so jealous of your wool co yarn!! i'm lusting over the boysenberry & ocean myself.. just have to play with my koolaid efforts for now! :p

nice blog!